The Instructor Manual includes everything you need to know to teach an FYE course.
We have posted sample lesson plans, activities, and assignments on our Lesson Plans page.
Professional Development Workshops
HuskyCT and PeopleSoft resources
We post webinars and FAQs on a variety of topics on the Instructor Technology Resources page.
Teaching and Learning Resources and Strategies
See our separate Research and Strategies site for professional articles looking at first year,international student, and teaching best practices research and strategies.
Reimbursement for Dairy Bar visit
- Learning Community Classes: Please contact Jennifer Murphy (email@example.com) for more details.
- UNIV 1800 Classes: Please submit a Dairy Bar Order Form to Vanessa Licowski (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least eight (8) days prior to the proposed visit date. Each class is allowed one visit funded by FYP&LC.
Grades and Evaluations
- Mentor Mid-Term Evaluations - due October 9, 2017
- Student Mid-Term Grades (if getting a C- or below in the class) - due week 6. For instructions, see under PeopleSoft: How do I report my midterm grades?
- Student Final Grades - due by December 20, 2017
- Mentor Final Evaluation - due December 1, 2017
General – Instructor Resources
2017 UNIV 1800/1810 sample syllabi - Coming Soon
Required UNIV 1800/1810 presentations/assignments
- First College Resume Assignment
- Critical Experience Assignment - webinar on how to grade this assignment, with student work examples
- VAWPP In-Class Presentation
International Sections – Instructor Resources
2017 UNIV 1800 International syllabus template - Coming Soon
2017 Potential Week-by-Week Curriculum - Coming Soon
Expert-Led Presentations: the following have tailored options for international sections
- International Student & Scholar Services - Visa and Immigration Presentation
- Academic Achievement Center - Oral Presentation Skills for International Students
- Division of Public Safety
- Student Health Services - Health for International Students
Suggested UNIV 1800 assignments (International sections)